What do you get when you combine big mountain free-skier Cody Townsend, a sock sketch and Le Bent?... Well, you get the world's first specifically designed backcountry sock of course! Designed in collaboration with Cody Townsend, these high performance snow socks came to fruition after two years of R&D and some of the best field testing possible by the man himself as he went after the top fifty lines in North America.
We established key critical areas for improvement which set the baseline for how we redefined a sock made for the backcountry. These include:
1. Silicon Ankle Locks: strategically placed bonded silicone strips across the rear of the ankle, eliminating foot slip and avoiding the infamous anxious sock-bunch.
2. Silicone Cuff: once we started playing with silicone we immediately fell in love with it and went a step further, adding a silicone ring to the top cuff below the knee. Keeping socks standing tall, without claiming hairs, so you can break trail without your socks going flaccid.
3. Toe Box Cushioning: packing more cushion into this high-impact area making for a more comfortable experience with extra warmth over the foot fingers.
4. Shin Compression Area: we combined the thinking of a sports compression sleeve and a sock together in one. By adding slight compression to the shin & calf areas, helping to manage lactic-induced fatigue.
5. Mesh Ventilation: we developed a new mesh ventilation zone to increase breathability across the top of the foot, allowing cushioning to stay where it's needed on the base and toe, while letting moisture and steam release from the top of the foot.
These features and new technology have revolutionised comfort for any backcountry touring mission. Allowing your boots to do what they were built for.
Tried and tested but the unsung hero of Cody’s current The Fifty Project… and the reason he hasn’t had a blister since joining le team.
Free shipping on all orders over $79
All orders are shipped via a trackable courier
DEFINITIVE FIT SYSTEM™ - A BETTER FIT
Elastics & strategic stitching provide targeted support in all the key areas:
SILICONE SOCK LOCK + STAY UP CUFF
Thoughtfully placed internal silicon grip and 360º cuff so they stay up all day.
SILICONE HEEL LOCK
No-slip silicone grips on the heel to keep your foot locked in place.
MESH BREATHABILITY ZONE
For maximum moisture wicking and temperature control.
TOE CUSHIONING + GHOST SEAM
Additional padding for your foot fingers, keeping them snug with zero annoying rub.
SEMI COMPRESSION ZONE
Semi compression in the calf & shin area to aid in recovery after hours breaking trail.
I don't care if you are shredding the resort, touring, or just walking around town, the Le Send it the absolute best sock you can get for the winter. I can't believe no one has thought to put rubber in a sock before...they don't ride down, the down slip in your boot, they are perfect for shredding. And they are still warm and comfortable. So far I've used them for a handful of pre-season tours and they aren't too hot or too cold and they keep your foot dry as can be. If I could rate these any higher I would. I don't imagine myself getting another ski sock again, these are just too perfect. Thanks Cody!